Providing Editing & Proof reading services – both bilingual & mono lingual (English & Tamil)
Working for various translation and localization companies across the globe. Registered with various freelancing linguistic service providing websites and contributing to blogs and websites, well versed in academic, article writing. Blog writing & Technical writing.
Can translate up to 3000 words per day Can handle sub-title translation up to 25 minute video per day Can transcribe up to 25 minute video per day
Well versed with most of the CAT tools and can work on all platforms offline and online. In the last five years, have handled more than 5 million words In the last one year have handled more than 100 episodes of 42 minute video – subtitling. In the last one year handled voice-overs for more than 25 YouTube videos
I am Ramesh Shanmugam, a freelance Translator / Transcriber / Interviewer [Patient Interviews] [ENGLISH <> TAMIL] from India and I possess around 15 years of experience in Translating Medical, Immigration, Health Promotion documents, IT, Advertisement, Marketing and General documents and Software/Website/Mobile Localization works.
My credentials are available for your review at:
Please find attached herewith my updated CV for your kind perusal.
I feel that I have the relevant skills to support my application and looking forward to working with you.
We are a Translation company with over 5 years of experiences.
We are a team of professional native translators from different countries: Japan, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, England, China and Cameroon.
We have been working together for over 05 years and our translators are highly skilled. We offer our clients an exceptional translation service with total satisfaction.
Our translations are totally manual and adapted to the context.
The translated documents are all delivered in the original formats.
• Master of Arts in Public Administration, Ravishankar University, Chattisgarh, June 1972.
• Bachelor of General Law, University of Mysore, Karnataka, June 1977
• PG Diploma in Labour Laws and Administrative Law, Annamalai University, June 1982
• PG Diploma in Social Work (Labour Welfare), Institute of Social Welfare & Business Management, University of Calcutta, West Bengal, May 1984
• Bachelor of Science, Hislop College, Nagpur University, April1965
1. Meritoriously completed a three-month long program for Senior Managers in the Commonwealth region in the areas of HRD, HRM, and IR, conducted by Templeton College, Oxford, UK in December 1989.
2. I have a certificate issued by the Tamil Testing Body for passing their examination in Tamil in I class.
3. Throughout my study from elementary level to Masters level and beyond, I had studied in English as such there was no need for me to have a separate certificate for proficiency in English. Hindi was studied up to graduate level and all along I had been interacting in Hindi throughout my service tenure.
I am Dr. Josephine Dorothy Lourduraj, a Tamil linguist with PhD in Tamil. I have over 40 years of experience as a college Professor and 2 years as a Translator in (Tamil Nadu Secretariat) Indian Parliament. I am a freelance Journalist and have taught Journalism for many years. I have translated and over 6 books, about 1650 pages. I have translated and proof read several poems, essays and articles in leading magazines and newspaper in India. I have authored 3 books. I have been a PhD guide for about 20 PhD students, 25 M.Phil students and 20 M.A students. I can do any translation, proof reading, transcription, transliteration, DTP, subtitles and voice over jobs in Tamil and English.
I am readily available for any projects to demonstrate my language skills. Looking forward to discuss how I can be of use to your projects and work with you.
Please find attached my Resume for your Perusal.
Dr. Josephine Dorothy Lourduraj