Wörther Straße 36
Tel.: +49-30-23 88 12 23
Mobile: +49-177-77 88 886
Fax: +49-3221-1142 184
· English (all variants) > German (Germany/Austria/Switzerland);
· Spanish (all variants) > German (Germany/Austria/Switzerland)
Native Language · German (Germany/Austria/Switzerland)
· To use my foreign language, translating and proofreading skills in the fields of software localization, consumer electronics and market research translations.
· Technical, medical and engineering & automation translations from English into German for Aventis & Procter & Gamble (London/Great Britain), Interverbum (Stockholm/Sweden), Keypoint (Kopenhagen/Denmark) etc. from 2/02 to present
· Software and opinionaire translations from English into German for Text & Form (Berlin/Germany), D & D International (Berlin/Germany), LocZone GmbH (Berlin/Germany), Idea Institute (Tokyo, Japan), etc. from 2/96 to present
· Game localization/manuals/questionnaires for Keywords International Ltd. (Dublin/Ireland), especially Microsoft's Xbox from 2001 to present
· Engineering & automation (controlling devices, industrial automation, industrial
electronics, measurement & monitoring systems/devices, power devices, semiconductors, telecom hardware/infrastructure), consumer electronics and survey translations for Torindo Co., Ltd. (Tokyo/Japan), TEAM International s.r.o. (Reutlingen/Germany), Intrat (Reutlingen/Germany) from 11/99 to present (including manuals for SONY, PIONEER, KENWOOD etc.)
· Transport: question paper translations for Bombardier Transportation via Akzént (Berlin/Germany) from 02 to 04
· Arts and Culture: inquiry schedules for KulturBrauerei GmbH; Berlin Partners; Stiftung NEUE KULTUR (all Berlin/Germany) 2002
· Additional translation work in the fields of Medical Diagnostics (ultrasound and MRI machines, X-ray machines), Medical Life Support (urinary catheterization, hospital care products), Therapeutic Equipment (infusion pumps), Medical Scientific Texts (rheumatology, ophthalmology, gastroenterology and cardiology), Medical Pharmacy.
· Additional translation work in the field of Engineering & Automation (controlling devices, measurement & monitoring systems, telecom hardware/infrastructure)
· Additional translation work in the following fields: Leisure, Art, Architecture, Industrial Design, Machinery (Automotive), Services (Financial Consulting/Financial Advisory), Software (Antivirus, CAD/CAM/PLM, Computer Games, Operating Systems, Office/Document Management Applications).
·Teacher of German as a Second Language, Volkshochschule Berlin, 3/93-5/96
· Diploma-Translator for English and Spanish, Humboldt-University of Berlin,
Honors And Activities
· Exchange student in Spain for one year (Universidad de Extremadura, Cáceres, 1990)
· Exchange student in Great Britain for one year (Thames Valley University, London, 1993)
· Software and hardware technical knowledge
· Experience in Consumer Electronics and Market Research translations
· Experience in the use of SDL TRADOS Studio 2014, MemoQ & Déjà Vu X2 translation memory software (18 years)
· Excellent spelling skills · Experience in software localisation, IT, telecommunication
· Ten college semesters of Russian
· Translation: 0.09 EUR per source word depending on difficulty and file format
· Proof-Reading: 30 EUR/h
· 3,000 words
Fields of Translation
· Game Localization
· Software Localization
· Consumer Electronics
· Engineering & Automation
· Market Research
United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, London
My name is Alessio Cappelli, I am an Interpreter/Translator working with Italian, English, Chinese (Mandarin) languages.
I have been based in London for almost 9 years and I have both British and Italian Citizenship.
I have 10 years' experience in Translating, Interpreting and Teaching, and I have been regularly working with agencies such as Lexicon Linguistics, Papillon Translations and ITV/ITN since 2016.
I am a very enthusiastic, accurate and organised worker, and can work under considerably stressful deadlines.
All my clients have always been greatly satisfied by my services and by my all-embracing approach - be in the intimate space of a simultaneous interpretation or the detailed translation of a technical text.
Please find my LinkedIn profile here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/alessio-cappelli/
Please let me know if there is any other information you need from me,
I've amounted a decennal experience in translation, built around digital and technical fields, with a background in electronics, programming and gaming. I have a solid knowledge of the actual videogame industry and app markets.
I have been teaching and translating since I was at university. I adore languages and now I am studying the fifth language, I am studying French now. I was born in Armenia so Armenian in mynative language but I have been living in Italyfor 7 years and I studied Italian atuniversity as well, so it is as a native language for me now. I am availabl for jobs for the following language pairs: Italian - English , English -Italian, Armenian - Italian, Italian - Armenian, Armenian - English , English - Armenian, Russian - Italian , English
Native language- Spanglish. I have studied Italian at the Universita per Stranieri in Perugia as well as completely a minor in Italian Society and Culture alongside my Bachelor studies at a C2 level. Aside from growing up in a bilingual household and completing AP Spanish language and CUlture examinations, I also studied for a time at the Facultad de Derecho de la UBA in Buenos Aires, Argentina. As a result I was able to formalize and strengthen my juridical jargon in Castellano. I currently live in Germany and have a B2 level at the moment (no I am not offering translation services in German).
I am highly conversant with EMA and FDA requirements and see a wide variety of medical documents on a daily basis. These include medical reports; SmPCs; package leaflets; medicinal product labels; adverse reaction reports; medical device descriptions; patient information sheets and informed consent forms; clinical trial protocols, reports and contracts; CRFs; market research material; PROs; medical questionnaires; validation reports; medicinal product manufacturing documents and manuscripts to be submitted to the most prestigious scientific journals, among others. I am detail-oriented, pride myself on quality and am able to work under tight deadlines.