Hello, my name is Nina, I'm Brazilian, I lived on Chicago for 5 years, and graduated by UNIP College In Brazil ( Letters English/Portuguese). Along the years I improved my writing skills working full time on jobs which are directly connected to it. I have over 7 years of experience in – Translation English to Portuguese; Portuguese to English; Spanish to English; Italian to English; Spanish to Portuguese, French to English, and Italian to Portuguese. I’m also skilled in:
– Advertorial Writing
– Social Media Management
– Keyword researching
– writing fiction stories;
– creating articles;
– Write e-books or ghostwriting for any topic, for commercial or informal subjects;
– Reviewing and proofreading content.
* Experienced with translating/proofreading academic articles, typically pt_BR > en_US, but I have also worked with en_US > pt_BR, and most notably in the fields of Dentistry and Nursing, but also in Agriculture, Education, Gender Studies, Minority Studies and Communication Sciences.
* Main translator of Scribus and SubtitleComposer for pt_BR. I've contributed with translations to KDE too.
* I've proofread minor localization jobs done voluntarily to indie game devs.
* I'm acquainted with several CAT tools: Memsource, Matecat, Smartcat, Transifex, Amara, Lokalize, OmegaT, Google Translate Toolkit (deprecated), Aegisub, SubtitleComposer.
* I will soon document a unique method that allows me to proofread/translate LaTeX files easily with minor issues, as I firmly believe in open access and transparency.
* My self-hosted blog: https://rabbitictranslator.com
* Current proficiency levels:
1. Brazilian Portuguese = native
2. American English = C2
3. German = B2
4. Dutch = A2
Physician, Clinical Pathologist. Clinical Chemistry, Hemotherapy, Infection Control, Evidence-Based Healthcare. Polyglot (CEFR) English C2, French and Spanish C1, German B2-C1, Dutch B1.
I can not work without specifics of the contract. As academic I can provide also help in Reference Management and organization.
Fees provided on the system are only for general guidance.
Available for freelance work only after July/2018.
I was born in Belgium, in the Flemish part, where I studied and also received my master degree in Electrical Engineering. I worked for five years in the headquarters of a Belgian bank in Brussels in a bilingual (Dutch and French) environment in the Information Technology department.
In 1990 I moved to Brazil where I worked for over 10 years with Information Technology in several companies, dealing mainly with software development and ITC administration.
In 2004, already fluent in Portuguese (Brazil), I started to work as an independent registered tour guide in Brazil and at the same time as a freelance translator with oral consecutive and written translation.
Hello, my name is Ramiro, I'm Brazilian, and graduated by UNIP College In Brazil (Letters Dutch/Portuguese). Along the years I improved my writing skills working full time on jobs which are directly connected to it.