Kevin graduated with a MA Degree in Translating and Interpreting from the Hong Kong Polytechnic University and a BA Degree in Visual Studies from Lingnan University. He worked as a Project Officer in AVA, HKBU before venturing in language service business. He is the translator of Having One’s Hand Follows One’s Heart (Francis Yu Wai Luen, 2019), Falling (Francis Yu Wai Luen, 2017), and contributed to the translation of the additional text in The Malady of Death (Haegue Yang, 2015). Recently, he has taken part in translation projects for Arts with the Disabled Association Hong Kong, MaD, and Airbnb.
- Over 7 years of experience in transcreation, translation, editing, proofreading, science writing, creative writing and content research
- Bilingual: English and Chinese (experience in both traditional and simplified Chinese)
- My works are in the forms of academic and leisure books, articles, web and app content, social media posts, interpretive displays in exhibits etc.
- Expertise: Biological sciences, geography, sustainability, tourism and education
- Freelance experience in chemistry, health and human resources
- Strive for accuracy, clarity and audience engagement
Raised in Hong Kong, I have lived in London and Tokyo for 13 years accumulatively. I worked in the real estate/developer/urban-planning industry, while my specialty is in media and marketing. I also have translation experience in F&B (recipes and menus, company website), business documents and reports, proposal from various industries. I am currently reading books about agriculture in Chineses, English, and Japanese. Currently based in Hong Kong.